Are you ready to live your best life? Penticton is about living the lifestyle dream while staying ahead in the business game. With two lakes, 200+ wineries, a vibrant craft beer scene, downhill and cross-country skiing, mountain biking, world-class rock climbing, a mild climate and much more, you can leave the traffic jams behind and spend more time doing the things you love best.
Penticton is attracting some of the country’s brightest entrepreneurs, remote workers, professionals and new businesses. It's a place where big ideas turn into big opportunities.
Sick of working from home or a cafe? You may want to consider a shared office workspace, where you can get out of your home and build contacts. Here are some options.
Cowork Penticton: Offering a downtown coworking office and community hub with drop-in workspaces (available by the day), bookable meeting rooms and monthly dedicated memberships. Cowork also has a second location downtown that provides longer-term desk rentals.
Graphically Hip: This local business offers a hot desk (available by the hour or day) or monthly desk rental in a funky space.
Shared office spaces: Numerous options throughout Penticton, where you can rent a desk in a communal office space on a long-term basis.
First of all, why not ask to bring your job with you? You have established a relationship with your employer and already have in-depth knowledge of doing your job. Show how working remotely in Penticton is possible and will increase your productivity. If that doesn’t work, here’s where you can look for a new remote job.
- Indeed.ca (All industries)
- Flexjobs.com (All industries, paid registration required)
- Upwork: matches workers to freelance jobs
- Freelancer.com (All industries)
- SolidGigs (Designers, copywriting, marketing)
- Remote.co (All industries)
- Dynamite Jobs (All industries)
- Working Nomads (Digital jobs)
- Remote OK (All industries)
- We Work Remotely (Tech, design, management, finance, sales & marketing)
- Authentic Jobs (Designers, developers, creatives)
- Dribble Jobs (Graphic design)
- Virtual Vocations (All industries)
- Skip the Drive (All industries)
Top 60 Remote Work Websites of 2022
Also, check out this list from iReviews of the top 60 remote work websites in 2022, which provides descriptions of each related to specific job categories.
Choose the Penticton Advantage
Here are some things to love about living in Penticton.
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 7 (soon 8) craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada
Still curious? Here are 17+ reasons to love life in Penticton.
Getting to your clients is easy, with access to major highways and the U.S. border. YYF Penticton Airport offers direct flights to Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton (seasonally). It’s a convenient choice, located just a 10-minute drive from anywhere in the city.
Penticton is the business hub of British Columbia’s Okanagan-Similkameen region. More than 3,000 businesses in Penticton serve 100,000 people throughout the South Okanagan region.
While we’re known for our world-class wineries and agriculture, Penticton offers a diverse range of sectors with tremendous entrepreneurial spirit and a vibrant community of remote workers.
The city is also facing strong growth and development, with recent major infrastructure projects including upgrades to Penticton Hospital, Penticton Airport and the downtown core.
Penticton is a mecca for endurance sports, events and training opportunities. As the birthplace of IRONMAN Canada, the city regularly hosts and attracts major international cycling, mountain bike, running and triathlon events. With a mild climate, early and late season training opportunities are plentiful for the endurance sport enthusiast.
With some of the most longstanding festivals and events in Western Canada, Penticton is buzzing throughout the year with music, arts and culture, sport, and unique festivals and events — including the Penticton Peach Festival, a long-time favourite since 1947.
With access to superfast fibre optic speeds, Penticton has the infrastructure you need to stay globally competitive.
Here are some other important resources:
Our Economic Development Department is here to help answer your questions and direct you to the right resources.
Connect with Us
Follow our social media channels for Start Here Penticton:
The City of Penticton:
YYF Penticton Airport: