The City is moving permits to the Cloud!
The City has launched online building permits via CloudPermit.
In favour of reducing paper requirements, all forms, attachments and drawings can be completed in CloudPermit without submitting paper. Owners, and agents will need to register for accounts to submit the application. Some additional professionals or trades are needed as well.
Ready to apply?
The City of Penticton uses cloud-based software Cloudpermit. You can complete the entire building permit process online using any mobile device. You will now be able to:
- Apply for building permits at any time, from anywhere;
- Check the status of your building permit or building inspection (when your application status changes, you'll receive an automatic email notice);
- Schedule or cancel building inspections;
- Communicate with your building department with time-stamped messages;
- Pay for your building permit with a credit card;
- Request and submit changes to an existing building permit
Guide to submitting your application electronically
Review these guidelines before submitting your permit applications electronically.
Digital Permit Stages (CloudPermit)
Online Permitting FAQ
Resources and How-to Videos
CloudPermit has a variety of resources to help you - check out CloudPermit Support for instructions on the basics and watch the instructional videos below to learn how to use the software.