Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit
Penticton’s Public Sculpture Exhibition is a year-long outdoor exhibit of original sculptures. The sculptures are owned by the artists and leased by the City of Penticton for one year. Look for them along the Okanagan Lake waterfront, downtown and in the Front Street roundabout. This program has been operating since 2016.
Call for Artists
Art on Display
Explore the permanent and leased outdoor sculptures that are currently on display throughout Penticton through this virtual map.
2023 Public Sculpture Exhibit
Eight artists were selected to display their works in the 2023 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit. A jury made up of members of the City’s Arts Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee and community representatives reviewed submissions and chose the following artists and sculptures:
- David Hunwick (Victoria, BC) "The Kiss"
- William Frymire (Kamloops, BC) "Natural Transitions"
- Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam, BC) "Wish to Fly"
- Ron Simmer (Vancouver, BC) "GIGASPIDER"
- Peter Vogelaar (Winlaw, BC) "Metamorphosis"
- Karl Mattson (Rolla, BC) "Intersect"
- Jean E. Ouellon (Kaledon, BC) "1760"
- Kyle Thornley (Revelstoke, BC) "Ancient Wisdoms"
The selected artists work with a wide range of media from stone to salvaged metal and their influences range from social connectedness to the natural beauty of the BC wilderness.
Previous Sculpture Exhibits
While walking through Penticton, be sure to keep an eye out for these permanent art installations.
- ‘Romp’ - Fahcheong Chon (Merritt, BC) – Okanagan Lake
- 'Kokanee/En-tt-tuek' - Jon Barlow-Hudson (USA) - Westminster Ave at Penticton Creek
- ‘Growing Stone’ – Yoshio Yagi (Japan) – Penticton Trade & Convention Centre
- 'Penticton Ancestors' - Michael Dennis (Denman Island, BC) - Okanagan Lake Park
- ‘Who’s in Charge?’ – Pat Field (OK Falls, BC) – Commissioned by Penticton Lakeside Resort
- Kokanee River Rock Fountain
- Tribute to the 1955 World Champions, Penticton Vees – Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) – Vees Drive traffic circle
- Canada 150 Mural Mosaic – Penticton Community Centre
- 'Mother Earth' - Petronella van den Berg (Nova Scotia) - Lakawana Park
- 'Maggie Mustangs' - Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) Princess Margaret High School
- 'Sharks' - Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) - Skaha Lake Middle School
- 'Breakthrough' - Leta Shores (Oliver, BC) - Penticton Art Gallery
- 'Salmon in Koi Pond' - Lawrence Cormier (Penticton, BC) - Ikeda Japanese Garden
- 'Mocking Life in an Orange Bush' - Michael Hermesh (Summerland, BC) - Lloyd Gallery, Front St
- 'Bear and 3 Heron' - Jean Ouellon (Kaleden, BC) - Penticton Regional Hospital Entry
- 'Helping Hand' - David Jacob Harder (Kelowna, BC) - Valley First Bank, Main St
For purchase, lease or general exhibit inquiries, please email email@example.com.