Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit
Created in 2016, Penticton’s Public Sculpture Exhibition is a year-long outdoor exhibit of original sculptures. The sculptures are owned by the artists and leased by the City of Penticton for one year. Look for them along the Okanagan Lake waterfront, downtown and in the Front Street roundabout.
Call for Artists
Applications are now closed for the 2022 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit. Please check back in the Fall of 2022 for details of the 2023 Exhhibit.
Public Art Map
Explore permanent and leased outdoor sculptures around Penticton through this virtual map.
2021 Public Sculpture Exhibit
Seven artists were selected to display their works in the 2021 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit, which will be on display until the end of April 2022. A jury made up of members of the City’s Arts Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee and community representatives reviewed submissions and chose the following artists and sculptures:
- David Ducharme (Winlaw, BC) “Quantum Entanglement”
- Joanne Helm (North Saanich, BC) “Joy of Life Unbalanced”
- Andy Davies (Lethbridge) “Saturn Bench”
- Denis Kleine (Nelson, BC) “Northern Hunter”
- Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam, B.C., BC) “Grace”
- Peter Vogelaar (Winlaw, BC) “Mourning”
- Kyle Thornley (Revelstoke, BC) "Ancient Wisdoms"
The selected artists work with a wide range of media from stone to salvaged metal and their influences range from social connectedness to the natural beauty of the BC wilderness.
Previous Sculpture Exhibits
While walking through Penticton, be sure to keep an eye out for these permanent art installations.
- ‘Romp’ - Fahcheong Chon (Merritt, BC) – Okanagan Lake
- 'Kokanee/En-tt-tuek' - Jon Barlow-Hudson (USA) - Westminster Ave at Penticton Creek
- ‘Growing Stone’ – Yoshio Yagi (Japan) – Penticton Trade & Convention Centre
- 'Penticton Ancestors' - Michael Dennis (Denman Island, BC) - Okanagan Lake Park
- ‘Who’s in Charge?’ – Pat Field (OK Falls, BC) – Commissioned by Penticton Lakeside Resort
- Kokanee River Rock Fountain
- Tribute to the 1955 World Champions, Penticton Vees – Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) – Vees Drive traffic circle
- Canada 150 Mural Mosaic – Penticton Community Centre
- 'Mother Earth' - Petronella van den Berg (Nova Scotia) - Lakawana Park
- 'Maggie Mustangs' - Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) Princess Margaret High Schoool
- 'Sharks' - Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) - Skaha Lake Middle School
- 'Breakthrough' - Leta Shores (Oliver, BC) - Penticton Art Gallery
- 'Mocking Life in an Orange Bush' - Michael Hermesh (Summerland, BC) - Lloyd Gallery, Front St
- 'Bear and 3 Heron' - Jean Ouellon (Kaleden, BC) - Penticton Regional Hospital Entry
- 'Helping Hand' - David Jacob Harder (Kelowna, BC) - Valley First Bank, Main St
For purchase or lease inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General exhibit inquiries can be directed to the Arts, Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee secretary: email@example.com or 250-490-2473.