Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit
Created in 2016, Penticton’s Public Sculpture Exhibition is a year-long outdoor exhibit of original sculptures. The sculptures are owned by the artists and leased by the City of Penticton for one year. Look for them along the Okanagan Lake waterfront, downtown and in the Front Street roundabout.
Call for Artists
Applications are now closed for the 2020 exhibit. Watch this page for updates involving next year’s exhibit. You can also review the General Terms and Conditions for calls for artists.
About the Program
Six artists were selected to display their works in the 2019 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibit, which will be on display until the end of April 2020. A jury made up of members of the City’s Arts Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee and three community representatives reviewed submissions and chose the following artists and sculptures:
- Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam, BC) “In Love with the Wind”
- Lars Baggenstos (Peachland, BC) “Restoration & Resilience”
- Benjamin C. Mefford (Oregon, USA) “Bolt”
- Conrad Sarzynick (Powell River, BC) “Resurface”
- Maggie Wouterloot (Nanaimo, BC) “Cerebrum Digitalis”
- Nathan Pierce (Missouri, USA) “FireHouse”
The selected artists work with a wide range of media from metal to mosaic to marble and their influences range from social connectedness to the natural beauty of the BC wilderness.
While walking through Penticton, be sure to keep an eye out for these permanent art installations.
- ‘Romp’ - Fahcheong Chon (Merritt, BC) – Okanagan Lake
- ‘Growing Stone’ – Yoshio Yagi (Japan) – Penticton Trade & Convention Centre
- ‘Who’s in Charge?’ – Pat Field (OK Falls, BC) – Commissioned by Penticton Lakeside Resort
- Kokanee River Rock Fountain
- Tribute to the 1955 World Champions, Penticton Vees – Gerhard Moser (Penticton, BC) – Vees Drive traffic circle
- Canada 150 Mural Mosaic – Penticton Community Centre
For purchase or lease inquiries, please email email@example.com.
General exhibit inquiries can be directed to the Arts, Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-490-2406.