Property File Requests can be useful when purchasing a property or planning a renovation. The City of Penticton provides access to property records and information related to properties while ensuring that the privacy of property owners is protected. There is no guarantee that the City will have plans or records on file for all properties.
Requests can be made in person at City Hall or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests be sure to provide the Request for Property File Information Form. Fees to request files, copying and for File Search Letters (Comfort Letters) will be required accordingly. You will receive an initial request confirmation when your form is submitted.
The release of records by the City of Penticton is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Strata Property Act, and the Canadian Copyright Act.
- Request for Property File Information Form
- Property File Information Requests
- Property File Copy Requests
- General information regarding zoning and property assessment information can be accessed through the City’s Maps and Property Viewer page.
- For title information, including ownership of a property, please see Titles Survey Authority (LTSA) or Parcel Map BC.
- General information, including the age of a house, can be accessed through the BC Assessment's website.
There are additional fees for copying. If copies of plans are required, they are sent off-site to a third party for copying at the client’s expense. We are not permitted to copy drawings by a professional architect or engineer due to copyright.
Future Property Development
Specific information relating to the future development of a property or building permit regulations will require a specific meeting with Development Services staff. Please contact the Development Services secretary at 250-490-2501 or email@example.com to arrange a meeting.
We're here to help!
Development Services Department