Event season in Penticton is in full swing, with a number of upcoming road closures planned for Friday, June 24 until Monday, June 27, throughout the downtown area. Residents are reminded to be patient and exercise caution during this time and to please watch for on-site signage.
Peach City Beach Cruise
(Friday, June 24 to Sunday, June 26)
Penticton residents should be prepared for extensive road closures along Lakeshore Drive and parts of downtown Penticton area. Closures include:
Friday, June 24, from 1 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Main Street from Westminster to Lakeshore Drive
Friday, June 24 (all day) to Sunday, June 27 at 4 p.m.
- Lakeshore Drive from Veterans Way to Winnipeg Street
- Access to Lakeside Hotel and Pier Water Sports will be available
Friday, June 24 from 2 p.m. to Sunday, June 27 at 4 p.m.
- Lakeshore Drive from Winnipeg Street to Riverside Drive: Road closed to the public except allowed vehicles with permits.
- Martin Street from Lakeshore Drive to Churchill Avenue: Access to condos will be available for residents.
- Martin Street Extension Parking Lot (north parking area): Access to Pier Watersports will be available through Lakeside Hotel parking lot.
- Winnipeg Street from Lakeshore Drive to Churchill Avenue: Access to condos will be available for residents.
Pen Hi Grad Parade
(Monday, June 27)
A full road closure is scheduled for Monday, June 27 from 5:45-7 p.m. along Main Street between Eckhardt Avenue and the Lakeside Resort parkade. Residents and visitors are requested to move their parked vehicles off the parade route during this time.
The Penticton Secondary School Grad Parade will start at Pen High, with students travelling north on Main Street from Eckhardt Avenue, right at Front Street and left at Veteran’s Way, to finish in front of the Lakeside Resort parkade.
- Main Street will be closed within the 100 block for the Penticton Farmers’ Market from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Main Street’s 200 and 300 blocks will be closed for the Downtown Community Market from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m.