During the week of unlimited collection, residents with curbside waste collection in Penticton can put out an unlimited amount of yard waste after filling their City-issued cart. Please also keep in mind the following while placing yard waste out for collection:
- Place yard waste at your usual collection point by 7:00 a.m. on your regular collection day.
- If your additional yard waste is not collected, please leave it at your collection point as a second truck may be required to pick it up.
- Yard waste contained in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Additional yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags or reusable containers marked as “yard waste”. Please do not use small buckets or containers.
- Bundle branches using string or twine, and ensure the prunings are no more than three feet in length, three inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight.
- Please leave a minimum of 3ft/1m of space between carts and additional yard waste.
For more information please visit www.penticton.ca/yardwaste, or call City Yards at 250-490-2500. Want to set up an automated reminder to put your waste to the curb? Visit www.penticton.ca/garbagereminder.