Report a Traffic Safety Issue

Transportation safety isn’t just about keeping drivers safe. It’s essential for everyone who uses the roads, including motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians and transit users. We're continually investing in infrastructures such as sidewalks, bike lanes, crosswalks, intersection improvements and traffic calming initiatives to make transportation safer.

How to Report a Safety Concern

If you would like to report a non-emergency issue, concern or suggestion, the easiest way to reach the right person at City Hall is to fill out our Report an Issue online form. Your submission will be directed to the appropriate contact.

How to Request Traffic Calming

Here’s how to submit your request involving a traffic calming issue to the Engineering department.

  1. Fill out and submit a Request Form. Don’t forget to also include your  Petition Form including at least 10 signatures (this form is not required if the location involves elementary school or playground zones).
  2. Send your form(s) to or by fax (250-490-2557) or drop off to the City Yards at 616 Okanagan Ave East.

Our Assessment Process

  1. We identify the problem and collect data relating to the concern. For traffic calming requests, the area must meet the traffic calming criteria as set by the Transportation Safety Policy. At the end of the review, we will contact you with the result.
  2. We develop a Transportation Safety Plan or Traffic Calming Plan.
  3. For Traffic Calming Plans, we will hold a public consultation and conduct a survey of affected residents as well as residents that live in the affected area. At least 40% of the residents in the affected area need to complete the survey and at least 60% of the survey respondents need to be in support of the proposed Traffic Calming Plan. Traffic Calming requests for roads in elementary school zones or playground zones are exempt from this criterion. Transportation Safety Plans will not go through the public review process unless the plan significantly affects nearby residents.
  4. We arrange design and funding. Depending on budget available, we will develop construction plans of the highest priority Transportation Safety and Traffic Calming projects for the current year. The remainder of the projects will be kept on a continuously updated priority list for future consideration.
  5. We install the safety or traffic calming measures.

Contact Us

To report a concern or suggestion, please fill out our Report an Issue online form. 

For urgent questions involving traffic and transportation safety, contact:

For urgent questions involving road maintenance concerns, contact:
Public Works

Traffic Request Form

This form will allow us to officially enter your concern in our records as part of the Neighbourhood Traffic Management Policy. 
This form is used to report any traffic concerns.  All requests must be submitted in writing to be considered. Please provide your contact information in order to have your request considered.

We ask that all residents and business members reporting transportation concerns read the City of Penticton Neighbourhood Traffic Management Policy. It will help you understand the process the City follows when addressing concerns and whether a your request or concern may lead to an appropriate solution.

Primary Contact Information
Specify the Location and Concerns
Types of problems. Check all that apply:
Does the problem occur during all seasons?
If no, in which season(s) is the problem occurring?
Does the problem occur during specific times of the day?
Does the problem occur during specific days of the week?
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this form.

Requests that require a petition form can be e-mailed to, faxed to 250 490 2557, dropped off in person at the City Yards or mailed to:
Engineering Department
616 Okanagan Ave East
Penticton, BC V2A 3K6