Penticton Community Centre is a modern facility featuring a 10-lane lap pool, leisure pool with lazy river and spray features, waterslide, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. It also has many accessible features.
About Penticton Community Centre
- 10 lane, 25-metre-square lap pool
- Leisure pool featuring a lazy river
- Large whirlpool
- Spray features
- Zero-entry ramps to all three pools and many accessible features
- Sauna and steam room
- Deck-side seating and multi-purpose rooms
- Spacious changing areas for men, women and families
- Swimming lessons for all ages and abilities
- Aquatic fitness programs
Fitness Room and Office Hours
Office/Fitness Room Pool Mon-Fri 6:00am-9:00pm 6:00am-8:00pm Sat-Sun 8:30am-8:30pm 10:00am-5:30pm
- All schedules subject to change without notice.
- The hot tub, sauna and steam room are available during regular hours of operation.
- Lap Swim: There will be a minimum of 4 lanes available for lap swimming.
- Shared Use: From independent fitness and casual swimming, to splash and play and aquatic programing, this time is available for everyone’s personal enjoyment and fitness needs.
- Limited Use: Busy with scheduled programming, space in the pools will be limited during these swims. Specific areas of the leisure pool, such as the 1.4m depth, may not be available, and a minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Public Swim: These high energy swims are ideal for families and kids of all ages. The lazy river, waterslide, spray features and diving boards will also be available during these swims. A minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Family Swim: Ideal for families with young children. The lazy river and spray features will be available during this time.
- Water Walking: The lazy river will be set to a low speed to allow for walking against a gentle current.
- Closed for Programs: Due to scheduled program use and very limited space, the leisure pool will be closed during this time.
- Changeover: This transition time in the main pool will be used to set up new lane arrangements for the following swim. Lap swimmers can continue to swim, but should be prepared to briefly pause their workouts and move to new lanes.
All children under the age of seven, and any child aged 7-11 who is unable to swim the length of the leisure pool (about 20 metres), must be accompanied in the water by – and within arm’s reach of – a responsible individual 16 years or older. The maximum ratio for supervisors to children is one to three.