The Penticton Pool located at the Penticton Community Centre is a modern facility featuring a 10-lane lap pool, leisure pool with lazy river and spray features, waterslide, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. It also has many accessible features.
About the Penticton Pool
Pool is closed July 15-16, 2023 for a swim meet.
Pool Shutdown (Aug. 12 - Sept. 4, 2023)
Dates Office/Fitness Room Pool Mon-Fri 6am-7pm CLOSED Sat-Sun 8:30am-12pm CLOSED
The regularly scheduled annual pool maintenance break will be extended by four weeks as staff carry out repairs that will extend the life of the facility that will extend the life of the facility.
Read the news release for more information.
Fall Hours (Sept. 5 - Dec. 15, 2023)
Dates Office/Fitness Room Pool Mon-Fri 6am-9:00pm CLOSED to Oct. 2 Sat-Sun 8:30am-8:30pm CLOSED to Oct. 2
- Closed on statutory holidays.
- Pool hours may differ from Community Centre hours.
- All schedules subject to change without notice.
- Have questions? Please call 250-490-2426.
- Let's get social! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Lap Swim: There will be a minimum of 4 lanes available for lap swimming.
- Shared Use: From independent fitness and casual swimming, to splash and play and aquatic programing, this time is available for everyone’s personal enjoyment and fitness needs.
- Limited Use: Busy with scheduled programming, space in the pools will be limited during these swims. Specific areas of the leisure pool, such as the 1.4m depth, may not be available, and a minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Public Swim: These high energy swims are ideal for families and kids of all ages. The lazy river, waterslide, spray features and diving boards will also be available during these swims. A minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Family Swim: Ideal for families with young children. The lazy river and spray features will be available during this time.
- Water Walking: The lazy river will be set to a low speed to allow for walking against a gentle current.
- Closed for Programs: Due to scheduled program use and very limited space, the leisure pool will be closed during this time.
- Changeover: This transition time in the main pool will be used to set up new lane arrangements for the following swim. Lap swimmers can continue to swim, but should be prepared to briefly pause their workouts and move to new lanes.
- 10 lane, 25-metre-square lap pool
- Leisure pool featuring a lazy river
- Large whirlpool
- Spray features
- Zero-entry ramps to all three pools and many accessible features
- Sauna and steam room
- Deck-side seating and multi-purpose rooms
- Spacious changing areas for men, women and families
- Swimming lessons for all ages and abilities
- Aquatic fitness programs
All children under the age of seven, and any child aged 7-11 who is unable to swim the length of the leisure pool (about 20 metres), must be accompanied in the water by – and within arm’s reach of – a responsible individual 16 years or older. The maximum ratio for supervisors to children is one to three.