Penticton Community Centre is a modern facility featuring a 10-lane lap pool, leisure pool with lazy river and spray features, waterslide, whirlpool, sauna and steam room. It also has many accessible features.
Please note that the pool will be closed from Aug. 13 to Sept. 5 for its annual shutdown and maintenance.
About Penticton Community Centre
- Steam room CLOSED temporarily due to a mechanical issue
- Pool CLOSED: Aug. 13 - Sept. 5 for annual shut down.
- All schedules subject to change without notice.
- The hot tub, sauna and steam room (temporarily closed) are available during regular hours of operation.
- Lap Swim: There will be a minimum of 4 lanes available for lap swimming.
- Shared Use: From independent fitness and casual swimming, to splash and play and aquatic programing, this time is available for everyone’s personal enjoyment and fitness needs.
- Limited Use: Busy with scheduled programming, space in the pools will be limited during these swims. Specific areas of the leisure pool, such as the 1.4m depth, may not be available, and a minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Public Swim: These high energy swims are ideal for families and kids of all ages. The lazy river, waterslide, spray features and diving boards will also be available during these swims. A minimum of 2 lanes will be available for lap swimming in the main pool.
- Family Swim: Ideal for families with young children. The lazy river and spray features will be available during this time.
- Water Walking: The lazy river will be set to a low speed to allow for walking against a gentle current.
- Closed for Programs: Due to scheduled program use and very limited space, the leisure pool will be closed during this time.
- Changeover: This transition time in the main pool will be used to set up new lane arrangements for the following swim. Lap swimmers can continue to swim, but should be prepared to briefly pause their workouts and move to new lanes.
Office/Fitness Room Pool July 4 - August 12 Mon-Thurs 6:00am-8:00pm 6:00am-8:00pm Friday 6:00am-8:00pm 6:00am-5:30pm Saturday 8:30am-4:00pm CLOSED Sunday 8:30am-4:00pm 12:00 pm-4:00 pm Mon Aug 1 CLOSED CLOSED Mon Aug 11 CLOSED 6:00am-8:00pm Fitness Room Shut Down: August 11-12 Pool Shut Down: August 13 - September 5 Mon-Fri 6:00am-7:00pm CLOSED Sat-Sun 8:30am-12:00pm CLOSED
- Pool CLOSED: Saturdays
- Pool CLOSED: August 1 for the public holiday
- Pool CLOSED: August 12 - September 5 for annual shut down.
- 10 lane, 25-metre-square lap pool
- Leisure pool featuring a lazy river
- Large whirlpool
- Spray features
- Zero-entry ramps to all three pools and many accessible features
- Sauna and steam room
- Deck-side seating and multi-purpose rooms
- Spacious changing areas for men, women and families
- Swimming lessons for all ages and abilities
- Aquatic fitness programs
All children under the age of seven, and any child aged 7-11 who is unable to swim the length of the leisure pool (about 20 metres), must be accompanied in the water by – and within arm’s reach of – a responsible individual 16 years or older. The maximum ratio for supervisors to children is one to three.