Construction of new homes is booming in Penticton, with more than 2,200 units either being built, approved or in the development process. In fact, construction of new residential homes in Penticton is on track to beat the previous two years in terms of total value.
And to meet demand, local businesses are on the hunt for skilled workers. Jobs include everything from entry-level labourer positions to journeyman electricians and heavy equipment operators. So if you're ready to give up the long commutes for a simpler life with more ‘me’ time, set your sights on Penticton.
Snapshot of Jobs Available Now
This list represents a quick scan of advertised positions available throughout Penticton as of Oct. 12, 2022. For information about major employers, as well as links to their webpages, visit our Construction & Design Jobseekers webpage.
TwinCon Enterprises seeks an urban Ticketed Blaster, with pay at $35-40/hour plus benefits including a company care, dental, disability insurance, extended health care, life insurance and vision care. Other jobs they seek to fill include a Class 3 Driver & Labourer, Excavator Operator and Skilled Labourer.
Grizzly Excavating seeks a Heavy Equipment Operator, offering competitive wages, daily overtime, and extended medical benefits. They're also looking for skilled labourers, and more. View their posts on Indeed.com.
Betts Electric is looking for qualified Journeyperson Electricians with their Red Seal and Apprentice Electricians who are working towards it. They offer competitive compensation packages including extended health benefits, RRSP matching program and opportunity for career advancement.
Greyback Construction offers extended health and dental benefits, apprentice sponsorships, living allowances for work at remote jobsites and vacation pay to all eligible employees.
(Note to local businesses: Do you have a job you'd like added to this list? Please email us!)
Where to Look
- Visit our Construction & Design webpage for a list of links to start your job search.
- Interested in manufacturing, industry or transportation jobs? Be sure to check out that webpage as well for even more opportunities.
Life the Dream Lifestyle
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 7 craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- #1! Home to the best beach in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada
Want to learn more about living and working in Penticton? Visit StartHerePenticton.com