Further to the City’s update issued September 13, 2021 concerning facility impacts due to the BC Vaccine Card, additional details are being provided on programs and services specific to indoor adult fitness and sport offered by the City of Penticton’s Recreation department.
The public is advised that access to recreation facilities is not impacted by the BC Vaccine Card, however certain activities and events taking place at recreation facilities will require proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination is required if you are:
- Accessing the Penticton Community Centre Fitness Room
- Participating in an indoor, land-based fitness class
- Participating in indoor adult sport programs
- An adult (22 and older) participating in an indoor recreation activity with more than 50 people
- Attending a ticketed indoor sporting event or concert/theatre event with more than 50 people
- Attending an indoor gathering of more than 50 people
Proof of vaccination is not required if you are:
- A child or youth (21 and under) participating in an indoor registered or general admission recreation activity or sport
- An adult coach, volunteer or parent/caregiver who is required for an indoor child or youth activity or sport
- Participating in an aquatics program or general public swim
- Participating in a public skate, when not associated with an event or adult sport
- A person 11 and under
Children and youth recreation programs, aquatics and public skating are exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement. Further information may become available and will be updated on the Return to Recreation webpage. Users of recreation facilities will be asked to follow signage and direction from staff to allow for safe participation in programs and classes.
We thank the community for being patient as we continue to navigate current PHOs to ensure a safe return to recreation.