Following Council deliberations held July 7, 2020, the June 2 decision allowing consumption of alcohol in designed public spaces will continue through until October 15. The decision to extend the date beyond the original pilot period of June 3 to July 4 was informed by feedback gathered during the City’s community engagement outreach.
Residents and visitors who wish to consume alcohol in designated public spaces are again asked to observe the following conditions:
The approved locations are:
- Marina Way Park
- Okanagan Beach (east of Power St.)
- Okanagan Lake Park
- Rotary Park
The City also reminds the public that:
- Public intoxication is not permitted.
- You must be 19 years or older to purchase and consume alcohol in B.C.
- Littering of glass, bottles or cans will result in a fine.
- Please enjoy responsibly!