Why live and work in Penticton? Here are 17 good reasons - and the list keeps growing!
1. Want to visit the lake? We're one of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan).
2. Long sunny days and only 38 cm of rain.
3. So. Much. Wine. Choose from the 88+ wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
4. Can you say: Craft beer capital of Canada? Home to 7 craft breweries.
5. Fresh fruit! From a fruit stand near you.
6. Average commute: less than 10 minutes.
7. Live here, work anywhere (home to a rising community of remote workers).
8. 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail.
9. Commuting by bike is a breeze. You can easily get everywhere on two wheels – even the wineries.
10. We’re home to a lively and hugely talented arts community including a vibrant live music scene.
12. Home to one of the best beaches in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine.
13. We have seven public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes.
14. Zero traffic jams.
15. Four-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski.
16. Average summer temperature: 30C.
17. Home to one of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada.
Submitted by Readers
And thanks to our readers for sending us these additional reasons why they love Penticton!
- Our newly upgraded Penticton Regional Hospital
- Our awesome Penticton Farmers' Market in summer
- Home to two high schools, several elementary schools, Okanagan College and many other educational institutions (visit the City of Penticton's Schools page to learn more)
- Love the pier. Love the 2 million dollar sidewalk on Okanagan. Love the sidewalk and paved trails at Skaha. Love the coffee shops. Love the craft beer locations. Very scenic place to live. Our racetrack is amazing. There are lots of great musicians...
- You left out one of the main reasons... the people !
- Love the green spaces!
- Golfing and wining
- Our fantastic event centre, which is home to the Penticton Vees and the Canucks Young Stars tournament!
Are we missing something? Tell us why you Love Local! Share your photos on social media using #lovelocalpenticton. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Us in Penticton
We live where people come for the holidays. Share this article with your friends! Inspire them to join us here in Penticton. Here are some helpful resources to get started.