Penticton is a place where you can enjoy the good life, while making a good living. While it’s known for its beaches and wineries, Penticton is also attracting some of the country’s brightest entrepreneurs, remote workers, professionals and new businesses. With our super-fast fibre optic network and easy access to transportation networks, we’re connected – and doing business around the world.
Significant upgrades to Penticton Regional Hospital (including the newly announced $22 million oncology department investment) are attracting health care workers, and major employers including Interior Health, Okanagan College, the Government of Canada, FortisBC, School District 67 and the City of Penticton all seek skilled employees.
And with the growth of remote working and decentralized business hubs, more professionals and business leaders are choosing Penticton for the lifestyle advantage. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll down to see a snapshot of available jobs.
Snapshot of Jobs Available Now
This list represents a quick scan of advertised positions available throughout Penticton as of Oct. 17, 2022. For information about major employers, as well as links to their webpages, visit our Health Care & Professional Jobs webpage.
- Dental Assistant, Carmi Dental, $25-30/hour, full-time
- Pharmacy Assistant – needed at Safeway, Superstore (Loblaw – says no experience needed) and Shoppers Drug Mart
- Surgical Booking Clerk, Interior Health Authority, $25.42/hour
- Registered Nurse (various)
- Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Sonographer, MRI Technologist (Interior Health)
- Cardiology Technologist at Penticton Regional Hospital,
- Licensed Practical Nurse (various), Interior Health
- Early Childhood Educator, OSNS Child and Development Centre, from $23.29/hour
- Special Education Assistants, Penticton Christian School, $20-25/hour.
- Financial Controller, Moduline Industries, up to $125,000/year
- Mortgage Specialist, BMO
- Various positions, Okanagan College (including instructors and a biology instructor)
(Note to local businesses: Do you have a job you'd like added to this list? Please email us!)
Where to Look
- Visit our Health Care & Professional Jobs webpage for a list of links to start your job search.
- For more job options, check out the following pages:
Life the Dream Lifestyle
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 7 craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- #1! Home to the best beach in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada
Want to learn more about living and working in Penticton? Visit StartHerePenticton.com