What is the Penticton Advantage? It's a lifestyle to envy, with no traffic jams, four seasons of recreational activities, within B.C.'s premiere wine region, and Canada's craft beer capital.
It's easy access by road or air, from YYF Penticton Airport. You might think it's a place where you go for a vacation, but this can be your life. See why Penticton is attracting entrepreneurs, remote, and other skilled workers to live and work here.
- No traffic jams – and 10 minutes to anywhere in the city.
- Direct flights from Penticton Airport.
- Two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan).
- Choose from the 88+ wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
- Craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet. Home to 8 craft breweries.
- Farm to table/culinary theme (Visit Penticton).
- Lively art scene & live music.
- All the benefits of a big city with the ease of a small town.
- World-class sporting events, as well as year-round festivals and events.
- Endurance training – home to endless roads for running and cycling, including the original IRONMAN Canada route.
- Long training season – 2000 hours of sunshine and only 15 inches of rain annually.
- Remote working opportunities: Coworking facilities, high-speed internet.
- 120 km of hiking and biking on the Kettle Valley Rail Trail.
- Winter resorts: Apex Mountain Ski Resort (downhill) and Nickel Plate Nordic Centre (cross country and snowshoeing).
- Home to one of the best beaches in Canada (Skaha) plus 6 others across 2 lakes.
- Four-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski.
- Average summer temperature: 30C.
- Home to one of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada.
Starting a business?
Visit our Guide to Business webpage for tips about how to get started.