Call For Artists
The City of Penticton currently has two open Call for Artists.
Applications are being accepted for the 2019 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibition and the City of Penticton/Valley First Permanent Outdoor Sculpture. Deadlines for both applications are December 14, 2018.
Please note that applications for the City of Penticton/Valley First Permanent Outdoor Sculpture must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Penticton Public Sculpture Program
Created in 2016, Penticton’s Public Sculpture Exhibition is a year-long outdoor exhibit of original sculptures. The sculptures are owned by the artists and leased by the City of Penticton for one year for public enjoyment. The sculptures are displayed along the Okanagan Lake waterfront, downtown and in the Front Street roundabout.
Six artists were selected to display their works in the 2018 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibition which will be on display until the end of April 2019. A jury made up of members of the City’s Arts Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee and three community representatives reviewed submissions and chose the following artists and sculptures:
- Kevin Kratz (Slocan Valley, BC) “Acipenser Transmontanus”
- Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam, BC) “Embrace”
- Michael Hermesh (Summerland, BC) “Life Without the Ferryman”
- Kate Tupper (Nakusp, BC) “All Strings Attached”
- Rabi’a (Winlaw, BC) “Let’s Go”
- Nathan Pierce (Missouri, USA) “FireHouse”
In addition, the following artists have generously loaned their respective sculptures for the 2018 Exhibit:
Patrick Field (Okanagan Falls, BC) “Portal”
Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam, BC) “The Kiss”
The selected artists work with a wide range of media from metal to mosaic to marble and their influences range from social connectedness to the natural beauty of the BC wilderness.
For purchase or lease inquiry, please contact email@example.com
General exhibit inquiries can be directed to the Arts, Creative and Cultural Innovations Committee secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-490-2406.
2017 Penticton Public Sculpture Exhibition Artists included:
- Zohreh Vahidifard (Tehran, Iran) “30 Birds”
- Clint George (Penticton) “Bringing Back the Salmon Chief”
- Patrick Field (Castlegar & Okanagan Falls) “Portal”
- Paul Reimer (Cranbrook) “Tamarack Pond”
- Serge Mozhnevsky (Coquitlam) “The Kiss
- Michael Hermesh (Summerland) “Hatbox Man”