This month is a time of twinkling lights, festive tunes and celebrations. Here are five reasons to get outdoors and explore our community, while supporting our local businesses.
1. You’ll get into the festive spirit and explore new places. Wrap up warm, go for a walk, take in the lights and the festive atmosphere.
2. You’ll find unique or one-of-a-kind items made locally – perfect for that person who seems to have everything!
3. You’ll build personal connections and get great service.
4. Money spent in our community circulates in our community.
5. You’re supporting small businesses – families, your neighbours, your friends and favourite retailers.
Here are some great gift ideas
- Video games & collectibles
- Flowers & plants
- Locally crafted beer, wine, cider or distilled spirits (Penticton is home to 41 locations alone!)
- Artwork and jewellery
- Give the gift of an experience (gift cards: restaurants, the theatre, spa treatments, salons, outdoor adventures, etc.)
- Vintage clothing, pre-loved housewares and antiques
- Give the gift of charity
- Downtown Dollars
Are we missing your great gift idea? Tell us about it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.