Construction continues on schedule this fall involving the Point Intersection. This $10.5-million group of projects will address congestion and safety issues within an area where a large volume of traffic converges, including Kinney Avenue, Skaha Lake Road, South Main Street, Main Street and Dawson Avenue. The roundabout is now largely completd and is open to the public.
Construction hours of operation: Work at this time is being conducted on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Construction is anticipated to continue while the weather permits.
Each of the following projects is numbered on the map pictured above. Please note this schedule is likely to change. Check back to this webpage frequently for the latest updates.
1. Complete: Sidewalk construction and traffic calming work is now complete on Greenwood Drive and Dartmouth Drive.
2. Underway: Work is underway on Galt Avenue. Please watch for signage and fencing and take note of the detours.
3. Wrapping up: Work is largely complete on Pineview Road and along South Main Street, although there may be intermittent closures for minor work. Construction continues north of Secrest and along Galt Avenue.
4. Complete: Paving along Warren Avenue is complete.
5. A new signalized traffic light will be installed at Skaha Lake Road and Galt Avenue, plus repaving of Skaha Lake Road.
6. Kinney Avenue closed to vehicle traffic between Skaha Lake Road and South Main Street.
7. The Kinney to Galt section of the Lake-to-Lake Bike Route will be installed.
- Nov. 15, 2023: Road closures draw to an end after busy year of construction
- Oct. 27, 2023: New Point Intersection roundabout takes shape, watch for traffic changes on South Main Street
- Sept. 29, 2023: Expect construction delays on section of Warren Avenue throughout October
- Aug. 18, 2023: Watch for detours and traffic disruption next week at Pineview and Dartmouth intersection
- July 25, 2023: Intersection of Galt Avenue and South Main Street closed at all hours until further notice
- July 13, 2023: Foot and bike traffic remains open on South Main, watch for flaggers
- June 19, 2023: Point Intersection construction ready to shift to Pineview and South Main
- June 19, 2023: Letter to residents part 2 (expanded area) - Construction work on South Main and Pineview
- June 6, 2023: Capital works projects strengthen City’s infrastructure
- May 17, 2023: Letter to residents - Construction work on South Main and Pineview
- May 5, 2023: Point Intersection construction ready to begin on Galt Avenue
- April 24, 2023: Construction set to begin on Point Intersection projects
- March 22, 2023: Council Highlights - Decision on Point Intersection work deferred
- Feb. 17, 2023: City awarded $500,000 towards Lake-to-Lake cycling route. The funding will be used to advance the work on the section of the route that will take cyclists from Kinney Ave., across Main St. to South Main St., as part of the Point Intersection project.
- Jan. 13, 2023: City begins detailed design on final section of Lake-to-Lake Route
- Feb. 15, 2022: City gearing up for two transportation construction projects
- June 17, 2022: City advancing plans to fund upcoming major capital projects
Map showing the location of the planned roundabout at Galt Avenue, South Main Street and Pineview Road.
Map of the Point Intersection roundabout
Showing a reconfigured Galt Avenue with signalized intersection on Skaha Lake Road and roundabout on South Main.
Showing the curb at the intersection of Skaha Lake Road and Galt Avenue.