The Penticton Advantage
Picture yourself living in Penticton. Feel the sand between your toes and the laptop at your fingertips. Working remotely (also known as virtually), you'll likely have more flexibility with your working hours. Find out more about how you too can live life beyond the cubicle.
Penticton has a robust community of virtual/remote workers (and entrepreneurs). You can work from home, a local café or at a coworking office space. With access to superfast fibre optic speeds, Penticton has the infrastructure you need to stay globally competitive.
Getting to your clients is easy, with year-round access to major highways. YYF Penticton Airport is home to three major carriers offering direct flights to Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. The airport is a 10-minute drive from anywhere in the city.
With two lakes, 200+ wineries, a vibrant craft beer scene, Apex ski hill, mountain biking, world-class rock climbing, a mild climate and much more, Penticton is about living the lifestyle dream.
Reasons to Love Penticton
Here are some things to love about living in Penticton.
- 88+ wineries within just 20 minutes
- 7 craft breweries, named the craft beer capital of Canada, according to Lonely Planet
- #1! Home to the best beach in Canada (Skaha), according to Chatelaine Magazine
- 7 public beaches stretching 5 km along two lakes
- 10 minutes’ drive from one side of the city to the other
- 0 traffic jams
- One of just two cities in the world situated between two lakes (Skaha and Okanagan)
- 4-season playground to swim, boat, bike, hike, golf, rock climb, snowshoe and ski (Apex Mountain Resort for downhill, Nickel Plate Nordic Centre for cross country and snowshoeing)
- 120 km of spectacular hiking and biking on the famed Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- 2,100 hours of sunshine annually
- 30C is the average temperature in summer
- Live events each year at Penticton’s 5,000-seat South Okanagan Event Centre
- One of the largest outdoor farmers’ and community markets in Canada
Still curious? Here are 17+ reasons to love life in Penticton.
Look for a Job
First of all, why not ask to bring your job with you? You have established a relationship with your employer and already have in-depth knowledge of doing your job. Show how working remotely in Penticton is possible and will increase your productivity.
If that's not an option, here are some sites to look for something new. Because different companies refer to telecommuting with many different terms, when searching generic job sites, try the following key words: telecommute, virtual, “work from home,” remote, telework.
- Indeed.ca (key words: telecommuting or telework)
- Flexjobs.com: hand-screened telecommuting and online jobs (paid registration required)
- Upwork: matches workers to freelance jobs
- Working Nomads (digital jobs)
- Remote OK
- We Work Remotely
- Authentic Jobs
- Dribble Jobs
- Virtual Vocations
- Skip the Drive